June 5, 2011
THIS BEAUTIFUL WEATHER
June in Charlotte and outside of a few exceptions the weather has really been beautiful. For most of us our A/C has been running for at least a few weeks and this is a great time to think about whether or not our A/C is running at peak efficiency or not. Preventative maintenance is always better than repairing a broken unit especially with the heat of July and August right around the corner.
WHAT TO LOOK FOR?
- Your A/C Unit is Contantly Running - is your unit constantly running and never quite catching up to the thermostat?
- Uneven Cooling - Are certain parts of your home constantly uncomfortable? Are you having to cool certain parts of your home more than you would like to make those rooms bearable?
- Strange Noises or Smells - if you experience strange noises or smells from your unit you should get them checked out by a professional right away to minimize the chance of potentially costly hardware replacements.
WHY NOW IS THE TIME
- Many times the symptoms above are indicative of a future failure or breakdown. Depending on the severity of the problem you could be without air conditioning for a few days. If that happens in the heat of summer you might find yourself bunking with friends or family!
- Problems with your A/C unit could be having an adverse affect on your indoor air quality.
- When your air conditioning unit isn't running correctly you are literally throwing money out the window. Performing regular maintenance on your HVAC systems can easily pay for itself.
WE WOULD LOVE TO HELP YOU OUT!
There are a few things you can check yourself such as cleaning the unit, looking for loose or detached duct work, and replacing air filters. If those things do not help the problem, you are in the Charlotte area and would like a professional to perform an inspection or maintenance on your air conditioning unit we would love to help you! You can contact MTB Mechanical here or call (704) 321-9250.